Monday, September 7, 2009

The New York Post

Written fast, and impatiently, and with no attention to proper grammar. Like New York.

New York is aggressive. You gotta feel paranoid everywhere you go. If not allot, at least a little. Its rushed. Even in the park we walked with purpose (silly). Everytime I go, I keep being reminded of one thing:
I need to be in New York.

Spent time with Ezra and Ariel, awesome.
Then slept for 18 hours, woke up 6pm monday night with many missed calls from Everett. Hung out at a random bar near Grand Central. Crazy waitress stole my 2002 new yorker magazine with a great Arthur Miller short story called "The Performance"; you should read it. At least I think she stole it, either way, I lost it sometime that evening.
Ariel C (C, for cousin) drove me home, told me story about the time that he could've been arrested for driving the opposite way on a one-way in manhattan... comforting.

Tuesday I had lunch with Uncle Patrick and Therese, they convinced me to go to India. Thats where I'm going. Will stick to the north until it gets too cold.
Following that, met with Ms. Ariel Rosen Brown, and then Mr. Eric Weiss,
and then Ms. Emily Goodman in a centrally located park. 
Mr. Je(n)ssen then joined us at the corner of 54(?)th/5th,
where Ariel RB (Damn, there are 2 Ariel Rs in this post) put me in the arms of a stranger, who then charged me 3$ for what seemed like a pleasurable experience for everyone but me. Thanks Miss Rosen-Brown, for paying a third of that photo-op,
and for then putting up with the camera flash in your face every 2 seconds.

We then ate mexican and I chatted with a stranger (New York is nice that way, in LA, you chat with a stranger and they roll up the window to their oversized SUV, maybe I should shave?). Ariel C joined us, and we all enjoyed our 3$ margheritas thoroughly.

Its nice to be surrounded by friends. Its nice to know the friends who you'll have forever.

Thanks to the CAFE family for consistently being so laid back, welcoming, and wonderful. Wednesday involved more park, more Patrick, more Rosen Brown, more Jessen, more Goodman, and a lil' Mel T (shout out).
Wow, Mel T, daymn. What a drunk. She drunk 4 beers before we even got to dat bar! Phew! Must miss Tara (me too).

I then dragged everyone to two boots in brooklyn (even though they're now all over the city). Its a happy place. For real.
The last time I was there was 16 years ago. I once made my grandparents wait for an hour for a table (You could watch the guy making the pie! Come'on!) Everett got so sick of me being happy that he bought me a t-shirt. We scoured brooklyn for karaoke, gave up, and said our farewells. I then crashed at Emily's, where we talked about life and love, a common theme of conversation throughout the weekend.
...

Drowsy 6am wakeup, wandered to subway, thought was going wrong way, then thought would miss plane, then was starving at JFK, then got on plane, and was almost fooled into paying 8$ to watch a movie. Don't fly Virgin. (New Slogan)

Wow, sanitized weak memory of events... I will write blogs more currently from now on...

No comments:

Post a Comment